Film buffs have discovered the art of watching movies free on the internet. Imagine spending time leisurely enjoying your favourite movie without having to spend a cent. While the quality and sound may not be the same one can expect from a DVD copy, a lot of people have taken to this as a hobby for its sheer convenience.
One has the option of streaming or downloading the movie, depending on the options provided by the website. Videos that are streamed cannot be downloaded to your PC and for viewing it again, you would have to return to the website. A lot of movies, though, can be downloaded and watched again and again, even offline. There are some websites , though, that only offer streaming video while others offer downloading but restrict the number of times one can watch the video.
Where to Find Free Movies
www.youtube.com - just type the movie title or even keywords like the actor’s name and you will find the titles of movies you can watch. Some movies are available only in parts but a lot of old and popular movies are available in full
- ITunes - from Apple, and allows you to watch movies, TV series and shows even on your IPod while you are on the go
- www.apple.com/trailers - allows you to watch movie trailers
- www.archive.org - has over 500,000 movies, TV shows and documentaries that would keep any movie nut busy
- Other free video streaming sites are Hulu, Google Video and Xfinity’s Fancast.
- www.Zmovie.tv - where you can watch or download popular films
- www.Joox.net - for Hollywood and Bollywood movies
- www.watchonlinemovies.net - for Hollywood, Bollywood, Tamil,Hindi, Punjab movies and more
- www.emol.org - for old, popular movies
- www.movierumor.com - provides free links to movies
- www.Mysoju.com - for free Korean movies and TV series with English subtitles
You can search for any video through Yahoo!Video or AOL Video where you can pay to download episodes of popular TV shows or even the latest news. (280)
Internet users have come to love these sites where so many of popular TV shows and movies are available for immediate viewing. Some are annoyed, however, by the slowing down of the video while watching. When this happens, the streaming video has to download the rest of the video file so it can keep on playing the video. Some sites may give you the option of watching it on Small, Medium, Large or High Definition (HD). While Large and High Definition viewing gives better quality, it will also need more time to stream the video .
If you choose to download a video, your computer needs media player software such as Windows Media Player which is free, Win Amp or Media Player Classic. If you can’t find video you are searching for, it is possible that it is not in a format supported by Media Player. In this case, you would need an additional program like Win Amp or Media Player Classic in order to play the file. If none of these still work, you can research the Web what other program is needed in order to open that video file type.
Although major movie companies and TV networks fought hard in the beginning to stop the free sharing of copyrighted videos, some have recently taken advantage of the demand for online videos by making their materials available for purchase and download. This development has given more internet users the option to see original video materials such as TV shows, movies and even home-made clips by downloading or streaming, free or for a fee.